Ticket Donation Policy
Ticket donations for the 2018/2019 Season have ended. The ticket donation request form for the 2019/2020 Season will open on July 8.
Charlotte Ballet is proud to support the wonderful work of many charitable organizations within the Charlotte Metro region. During the 2017/2018 season, Charlotte Ballet donated over 275 tickets valued at more than $17,000 to 130 different organizations.
Charlotte Ballet typically donates 2 tickets to the performance closest to the eligible organization’s event.
Due to a large number of requests and limited ticket inventory, Charlotte Ballet has established the following eligibility guidelines for organization’s seeking ticket donations.
– Donation requests must be received at least 6 weeks in advance of event date.
– Requests must be submitted via the online form. No emails, phone calls or mailed letters, please.
– Priority is given to organizations that partner or have a relationship with Charlotte Ballet.
– Organizations are eligible for a donation once per performance season (October- April). An organization cannot request a ticket donation multiple times within a performance season.
– Charlotte Ballet directly supports the causes and organizations themselves and does not donate to third-party fundraisers.
– Charlotte Ballet ticket donations are to be used for silent auctions only. No raffles or incentives, please.
– Charlotte Ballet does not support organizations that are religiously or politically affiliated.
How It Works
– Eligible organizations will request a ticket donation via the online form at least 6 weeks before their event. The contact person will receive an automatic email response confirming submission.
– Charlotte Ballet will respond via email within 10 business days. If the organization meets eligibility guidelines and ticket donation inventory is available, the response email will include a PDF donation certificate. This donation certificate includes the performance, eligible dates/times, value of the tickets, and redemption deadline.
– The organization holds their silent auction and the winner is given the certificate. The winner must follow the instructions on the donation certificate and redeem by the redemption date.