- Hometown: Newburgh, IN
- Dancing Since: Age 12
- Seasons with Charlotte Ballet II: 1
- Favorite movie: “Inception”
- Favorite ballets: Christopher Wheeldon’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Balanchine’s Serenade
- I dance because: “When I perform I get a feeling that I cannot find anywhere else. It’s a feeling of being at peace, but still excited and a little nervous, like you know you’re right where you’re supposed to be. I dance because I love portraying emotions or characters with nothing other than movement. There is almost no truer way to evoke emotion than when you’re being so vulnerable in the moment.“
- Favorite thing to do on a day off: I love walking around exploring the city and thrifting with friends!
Macyn grew up in Newburgh, IN and began dancing at age 12 at Evansville Ballet. She attended summer intensives at Pacific Northwest Ballet and San Francisco Ballet. At the age of 16, Macyn joined The Joffrey Ballet in Chicago as a trainee, performing lead roles such as Clara in The Nutcracker and performed with the company in Sir Frederick Ashton’s Cinderella. From 2016-2018, Macyn attended San Francisco Ballet School.