Josh started dancing at Lisa’s Dance Academy in Syracuse, NY. At age 8, he moved to North Carolina and started training at Dance Productions under Denise Britz-Clarke and Ed Phelan, and at Piedmont Dance Conservatory under Rebecca Massey Wiley and Daniel Wiley. He attended high school at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts where he studied under Warren Conover, Nina Danilova, Douglas Gawriljuk, Nigel Burley and Ethan Stiefel. Josh attended summer intensives under full scholarship with Miami City Ballet, Charlotte Ballet and Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre. Josh has performed as Siegfried in Swan Lake and as the Snow King and Cavalier in Nutcracker.
- Hometown: Charlotte, NC
- Dancing Since: Age 4
- Seasons with Charlotte Ballet: 7
- What does “Pretty Powerful” mean to you? “Pretty Powerful” means being expressively bold with our movement while showing our audiences a wide range of artistry and athleticism in one unique package.
- Favorite role he’s danced: Peter Pan
- What performance are you looking forward to most this year and why? I’m most looking forward to Fall Works because Fancy Free is on my ballet bucket list.
- Advice for aspiring dancers: “Even the best aren’t perfect.”