Ben, from Charlotte, has studied with the Houston Ballet’s Ben Stevenson Academy, Boston Ballet School and Charlotte Ballet Academy. He attended high school at North Carolina School of the Arts. He has had the privilege of working with Jean-Pierre Bonnefoux, Patricia McBride, Johan Kobborg, Claudio Munoz, Dwight Rhoden, Ethan Steifel and Twyla Tharp. Ben has performed and learned various classical and contemporary ballet repertoire including George Balanchine’s Who Cares?, Mark Diamond’s Bolero, Alonzo King’s Chants and Dwight Rhoden’s world premiere of The Groove. In 2013, he performed in the world premiere of Twyla Tharp’s Treefrog in Stonehenge at the American Dance Festival. Ben was a member of Charlotte Ballet II for the 2013/2014 Season.
- Hometown: Charlotte, NC
- Dancing Since: Age 10
- Seasons with Charlotte Ballet: 5
- Favorite movie: The 5th Element
- If I wasn’t dancing I’d be: An engineer
- Do I have any pets? Yes! A puppy named Diego.
- Advice for aspiring dancers: “Work hard and dance for no one but yourself.”